Saturday, May 7, 2005

to sir, with love...my theatre workshop experience

to sir, with love


From : sakshi jain
Sent : Thursday, June 17, 2004 1:48:35 AM
To : arvindgaur@hotmail.com
Subject : to sir, with love

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Theatre…I always wanted to be a part of it…..always wanted to be associated with it in someway or the other….but I never thought it would happen….never thought I would be out there on the stage performing in front of the real public!!!….but now I realize how true it is when they say that when you are given a dream, you are also given the power to realize it.

I stumbled upon this workshop by chance…and to be completely honest…I had no idea who Arvind Gaur was…I had no idea I would meet such wonderful and talented people in this workshop…I had no idea I’m going to learn so much…and I had no idea at all that this one month would change the course of my life forever.

You might think I’m exaggerating when I say I feel like a different person, but that is what this workshop did to me. Above everything else, this workshop made me believe in myself. I might be getting personal over here, but I’d been told things by people that I wish nobody, especially no girl, ever gets to hear from anybody. I’d stopped believing in myself, and somehow I always felt I’m in the wrong place at the wrong time with the wrong kind of people all the time…..but this workshop made me feel right after a very long time…It felt so good to be sitting with all these people – people who’ve now become my friends and who don’t even know how much they’ve given to me.

This workshop gave me a purpose…something to live for…I always wanted to do something for the people…but I was always told I’m being stupid because in the concrete jungle that we live in, people who think like this just can’t survive…now I realize that people who think and work for the better society do survive – they struggle, because they believe in what they are doing. It made me question a lot of things, it made me see things from a very different perspective, and above all, it inculcated an understanding, patience and acceptance in me.

All these people - they were so different from each other, so unique, they had so much of life in them, and I’m not kidding when I say I was amazed by the amount of team spirit they had in them. I’ve worked in teams before, but never have I come across such a talented, yet understanding blend of people.

These guys have made their own theatre group now, and I can say it with confidence that it’s going to be brilliant, because these people have the will, the dedication to do it, and they will make it happen. I know its impossible for me to be a part of it as each member of the theatre group should be, but I’m sure these guys know that I will always be there for them, in each and every way that I can be. Somehow without our even realizing it there is a bond that has tied us together, and as long as we let it, it’s always going to keep us close – with or without communication.

Like I told somebody the last day when I said goodbye …life goes on…

I read somewhere long time back that as we move ahead in our lives, we meet new people, some of them just come and go, some leave their imprints in our hearts forever, and we are never ever the same again.

lotsa love
sakshi

workshop student,IHC 2004
17 june,2004

No comments: